We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This deliciously moist chocolatey treat is the perfect dessert (or snack!) when you want a chocolate fix.
If you’re looking for a versatile dessert that’s perfect for just one person, try this classic keto chocolate mug cake recipe!
I want to eat healthier. But I’m lazy. Oh and I also have a sweet tooth.
These are all reasons why I love this Classic Keto Chocolate Mug Cake! It’s easy to make, it satisfies my sweet tooth, and it keeps me in ketosis. Yum!
This recipe uses pretty basic ingredients (and you’ll most likely have most of them if you’re on a keto diet). Here’s what you’ll need:
- coconut flour
- baking powder
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- unsalted butter
- low carb sweetener
- heavy cream
- vanilla extract
Now for the actual process, you’re pretty much gonna dump everything into a mug or bowl and zap it in the microwave (yes this is an oversimplification, but you get the idea!).
Then boom, you got yourself a tasty dessert!
- 1½ T. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1¾ T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1½ T. low carb sweetener of choice*
- 1 egg
- 2 T. heavy cream
- ¼ t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ t. salt
- Fresh sliced strawberries, to serve
- Add the first three ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in a microwave for several seconds. Add low carb sweetener and stir until completely dissolved. Add egg, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt to the butter mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour blended mixture into mug or small microwave-safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and serve immediately with fresh sliced strawberries, if desired. Enjoy!
Actual cooking time will vary depending on individual unit. Check for doneness after 45 seconds. Do not overcook or the cake may become too dry.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 281mgSodium: 915mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g
How to Customize This Recipe
If you just want to mix it up a bit, here a few things you can do to customize this mug cake:
- Add peanut butter
- Add berries
- Use frosting (low-carb of course!)
- Top with some whipped cream
Other Mug Cake Recipes
If you just can’t get enough of these little mug cakes, here are some other great recipes from around the web: