We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
These easy-to-make churros are crispy on the outside, and warm and squishy on the inside!
To me, Churros is one of the tastiest, unique desserts there is (unfortunately there isn’t a lot of places around where I can get them).
I used to just wait until there was a fair of some sort or a food truck to have these tasty things, but then I came up with this recipe and now I can have churros whenever I crave them!
This is a super easy recipe that’s perfect to make for company, your kids, or even just to treat yourself!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- ground cinnamon
- organic sugar
- unsalted butter
- all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil for frying
** You will also need a piping bag with a star tip.
The first thing you’ll do is make the cinnamon sugar coating and set it aside.
Then you will make the churro batter by simmering the milk, butter, salt, and the 1 tablespoon of sugar and then adding in the flour and mixing it up until it’s doughy.
Let it sit for a few minutes.
Then use your mixer to add the eggs to the dough. Once it’s a nice texture, add the dough into the piping bag.
Then start heating up the vegetable oil and pipe the dough into the oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side (or until it’s golden brown).
Then toss with the cinnamon sugar mix.
Once it’s cooled down, then you can start eating!
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Fit piping bag with star tip. Whisk cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 cup organic sugar in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Bring milk, butter, salt, 1 tablespoon organic sugar, and ½ cup water to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Using a wooden spoon, add in flour quickly and mix fast using the back of the wooden spoon for about 30 seconds until it's a dough. Remove dough and place it in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let cool slightly for abour 5 to 7 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-low speed, add eggs to dough, one at a time, making sure to incorporate each egg before adding the next. Make sure to scrap sides of the bowl to be sure everything incorporates into the dough. Dough will come together and be easy to spoon into a piping bag. Spoon dough into prepared piping bag.
- Pour vegetable oil into a small sauce pot to come halfway up the sides. Using a deep fry thermometer bring oil to 350 degrees F. Pipe out about 4 to 5 inches of dough and cut off with a knife quickly. Fry up to three at a time like this. Cook for 2 minutes each side until lightly golden brown. Remove to bowl with sugar, organic sugar, and cinnamon. Toss and place on cooling rack.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
How to Customize This Recipe:
There’s not much you can do to customize the actual recipe (sorry!), butttt…
You can add different flavors by serving the churros with different sauce!
Try out caramel, chocolate, even raspberry!
Looking for other dessert recipes?
Check out our Chocolate Keto Mug Cake recipe.