We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This lightly dressed, chilled broccoli salad is great for picnics, potlucks, and other casual get-togethers. The mayonnaise-free dressing adds a boost of bright flavor thanks to the fresh lemon juice and zest, while the crisp-tender broccoli and pumpkin seeds add a satisfying crunch.
If you have the time, make this recipe the night before. The extra time will allow the flavors to blend more thoroughly.
- 3/4 c. full-fat, non-flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 T. honey* or one very small pinch Stevia powder
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. fresh lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- To make the dressing, combine the Greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice, and zest in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Add the broccoli florets to a large, microwave-safe dish and add 2-3 T. water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, or until florets are crisp tender. (Check after 3 minutes and adjust cooking times accordingly).
- Remove from microwave and drain excess liquid. Set aside, uncovered, and allow steamed florets to cool.
- In a large glass or other non-reactive bowl, combine the red onion, broccoli, crumbled bacon, and fresh parsley. Toss gently to combine. Top with ½ Greek yogurt dressing and toss again until ingredients are thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight before serving. Cover and reserve remaining dressing, as well.
- Toss chilled salad with remaining dressing right before serving, or serve on the side for those who prefer a little extra dressing. Sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds right before serving to keep them crunchy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.