We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
No need to buy pre-packaged ranch dressing or seasoning when it is so easy to make your own. Use the recipe provided below as a guideline, then adjust the seasonings to suit your own tastes. Once you’ve found the perfect blend, you can mix up larger batches and store the excess in an airtight container for several months. This seasoning is excellent on meats, in homemade salad dressings, or blended with Greek yogurt for a healthy vegetable dip.
- 2 T. dried dill weed
- 3 T. dried parsley
- 2 t. onion powder
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. kosher salt
- ½ t. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T. ranch seasoning (recipe above)
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in thick-cut pork chops, approximately 1” thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the ranch seasoning, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Rub pork chops with 1-2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning (divided evenly among all 4 chops), until coated. (Store remaining ranch seasoning in an airtight container for later use).
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat before adding seasoned pork chops to skillet. Sear pork chops on each side until browned, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Once browned, transfer pork chops to the lined baking sheet, leaving room between each pork chop so they are not over-crowded. Place baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and roast for 8 minutes before turning each chop. Continue roasting another 8-10 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the chop reads 145°F (medium-rare) to 160°F (medium).
- Remove chops from oven and let rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 1686mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.